Start with Ragnarok Sign Quest main page. I provided some tips to make The Sign Quest experience less difficult for you.
The second part of the Sign Quest is completing the Crumb of Sobbing Starlight into Sobbing Starlight. The best save point in this part of Ragnarok quest is Geffen. Also, it would be best if you are done with the Umbala Language Quest first before starting.
1. Talk to Metz until he mentions about the Ragnarok legendary Blacksmith Engel Howard. The Crumb of Sobbing Starlight must be forge into Sobbing Starlight and only he can do it. Continue your investigation in Geffen Town.
2. Go to Engel’s house in Geffen (geffen 138 101). Talk to a Lonely Looking Woman Brenda (geffen_in 159 48). Tell her you are there to see his husband Engel Howard.
3. Talk to the Cute Girl Liana in the same room (geffen_in 171 42) Answer Apprentices? then He also misses you a lot. Lastly, answer … in order to get the Doodled Message from her and proceed with the sign quest
4. From Geffen, use the Kafra to warp to Coal Mines (Mjolnir Dead Pit) Engel Howard (mjo_dun02 88 295) is at the hidden corner in the second part of the dungeon. He is the Flaming Spirit Man. Tell him Here’s a letter for you. Show him your crumbs of sobbing starlight and then He’ll then ask for 2 Mini Furnace, 2 Oridecon Hammer and 1 good Quality Anvi. Emperium anvil is recommended to increase the success rate although he won’t return it back to you.
5. Give the items to Engel and he’ll asks you to bring a letter to his wife while he’s working on the sobbing starlight. He’ll warped you near the entrance
6. Go back to Geffen and give the letter to Brenda Howard.
7. Talk to the Cute girl to get your reward – 10 pcs candy.
8. Go back to the Coal Mines again. Engel will let you know if you passed or failed. if you failed, you have to bring him higer quality of anvil. If he succeeds, you’ receive the Sobbing Starlight.
9. Go back to Prontera and talk to Metz and show him the Sobbing Starlight. Some ancient words are written in it but he can’t interpret it. The only person that could help you is Dhota in Geffen.
10. GO to the top floor of the geffen tower (geffen 120 110) and speak with the Annoyed Man Dhota (gef_tower 118 36). Key in Sobbing Starlight. He’ll tell you to go to Umbala
11. You have to finish the Umbala Language Quest in order to proceed in this part of Ragnarok the sign quest. Talk to the Native named Laotan (umbala 163, 256). He’ll give you the answers if you give him a smile mask. He’ll tell you to go to the Umbala Dungeon north of Umbala.
12. Go to a tree house (um_dun01 129 90) in Umbala Dungeon . Inside, you’ll find a Fastidious Looking Guy named Cyon. Answer Would you look at these. He’ll check the sobbing starlight and he’ll asks for worn out pages. You only need 7 even though he asks for 10.
13. Give him 7 Worn Out Pages to receive Record of Ancient Language. Return to Metz in Prontera
This ends the Part II – The Complete Sobbing Starlight of the Sign Quest. Proceed to Part III – The Ancient Document